Monday, September 5, 2011

My first etsy piece



"Woodland God and Goddess"
These two never actually made it to my Etsy, but they are the reason that I have an Etsy.  I was looking all over the net to try and find a Goddess and God representation that I wanted to put on my altar and couldn't find anything close to what I was looking for.  My sons girlfriend had been working with Sculpey, a polymer clay, making things for her dollhouse.  Little veggies, breads, flower pots and such.  I wondered if I could use polymer clay to make the figures that I was looking for.  I really didn't think I was creative enough to make stick people and was surprised at the outcome.  I love them and they reside on my altar.


This is the set that I have for sale on my Etsy.  They are 1" in height.  Like with everything I make, because I am happy when I am working with the clay and I try to make everything like I am making it for myself or a loved one, all those feelings and good energies go into each piece.  These little ones may be small, but they show well and I love them.

Here are a few photos showing them on my altar and also on my shelf as decoration, so you can see how well they might fit into your home and altar.




 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

(>

No comments:

Post a Comment